SOCIAL MEDIA/COMMUNITY MANAGER
SOCIAL MEDIA/COMMUNITY MANAGER DESCRIPTION
Role: Social Media/Community Manager
Start Date: Immediate
WHO WE ARE
Griffin Gaming Partners is a leading venture capital firm singularly focused on investing in the global gaming market. We are founder-friendly, care deeply for our industry and bring decades of investment, advisory and operational experience. Griffin is one of the world’s largest venture funds focused exclusively on gaming, with over $1 billion under management.
We are looking for a Social Media/Community Manager to help shape the social media presence and amplification strategy for Griffin. You should have a command of best practices and trends in social media marketing, enjoy being creative, and understand how to build and convert a digital audience.
The Social Medi/Community Manager is responsible for cohesively managing the strategy for Griffin’ social media channels, collaborating cross-functionally across the organization to identify and serve Griffin’s brand and content objectives, and driving audience engagement and awareness.
The Social Media/Community Manager is passionate about innovation and disruption, has a tight pulse on the latest platforms and social media trends, and uses data to inform strategy.
This role can be remote, with access to / occasional presence in our Santa Monica office.
- Drive social media strategy across channels like Twitter, LinkedIn, and Discord to drive awareness, brand affinity, and pipeline goals
- Under supervision, execute social media strategies, content copy, guidelines, best practices, promotional campaigns, and day-to-day activities while optimizing and monetizing GGP’s presence across its social media platforms
- Understand and analyze community, cultural, industry, and market trends to inform strategic and creative content development
- Ensure consistency across all media channels
- Advise on social strategy and identify opportunities for partners
- Identify success metrics to inform, measure, evolve, and improve content strategy
- Explore and evaluate new social platforms, tools, services, and vendors and provide recommendations
- Stay abreast of key industry trends, competitive insights, emerging social media platforms, and industry thought leaders
- Derive sharp insights from disparate data sources, ensuring actionability and relevance for brand opportunities
- Monitor and engage with followers, influencers, and ambassadors across owned social channels
- Moderate and respond to all customer questions and inquiries inside communities and in social media comments and DMs
- Work closely with a design agency on social media asset and template creation
- 3+ years of experience in social media management and content marketing, ideally for a venture capital fund or other financial institution
- Undergraduate degree with 3.5+/4.0 GPA
- Fluency in social media platforms, networks, and measurement tools/platforms
- Excellent written and oral communication and proofreading skills
- Excellent project management skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, deal with ambiguity and effectively cope with change
- Ability to create great working relationships with all levels within the company and across multiple disciplines
- Ability to navigate, collaborate and influence cross-functional partners
- Resourceful self-starter and strategic thinker with a can-do attitude that thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to identify data-driven insights with working knowledge of different analytical tools
- Understanding of nuance across platforms (i.e., Instagram vs. Twitter)
- Resourceful and proactive, always looking to do more
- You have a good eye for detail and creating the best content for socials
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and industry
If you are interested in this role – please email your resume to Marissa Toomey [email@example.com]